Article by Michelle
Is DW open during the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Yes, NHS England has suspended all routine eye examinations so we are open for essential eyecare services only.
At the moment we are operating behind closed doors. We have a small optical team responding to telephone calls and e-mails to all practices, along with website enquires.
Please call your practice on the numbers below and we will do our best to help you if:
- you have broken or lost your glasses.
- you are running out of contact lenses or solutions.
- you need dry eye products or macular supplements.
- you are at all worried about your eyes.
Please do not visit your practice. Contact us on:
- Bletchley: 01908 373131 email@example.com
- Newport Pagnell: 01908 218121 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stony Stratford: 01908 562355 email@example.com
- Towcester: 01327 350240 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolverton: 01908 313338 email@example.com
We will reopen when it is safe to do so.
When will routine sight-tests recommence?
Routine sight-tests are currently suspended and we are waiting to hear more from NHS England so that we can plan when to re-open. We will update our website when we have more information.
How will you protect patients from Covid-19?
In line with Government advice, we are making some immediate changes to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible:
- Practices will be disinfected every morning and throughout the day between appointments
- Staff and patients will have their temperature taken with an infrared thermometer
- Staff will wear PPE and use hand sanitiser at regular intervals
- Equipment will be sterilised between each appointment
- Cough screens will be in place where appropriate
- Contact will be minimised as much as possible