Article by Michelle
Since ‘lockdown’ we have been working behind closed doors doing our best to help with broken and lost spectacles, urgent eye problems and keeping our contact lens wearers supplied with contact lenses.
From Wednesday July 1st we will be open at all five practices for a full range of services.
Initially all services will need an appointment and we may still be operating behind closed doors.
What can I expect when I attend for my appointment?
We have introduced new protocols to keep patients and staff safe.
- All staff in close contact with patients will be wearing PPE.
- All equipment and frames handled will be sanitised between patients.
- Extra time has been allocated between appointments to allow thorough disinfection and ventilation of consulting rooms.
- Furniture has been moved or removed to enable social distancing.
- We are asking patients to sanitise their hands on arrival and wear a suitable face covering.
What can I expect when I ring for a sight test appointment?
- Initially we are booking appointments for patients who have contacted us during ’lockdown’ with problems.
- If you are booking a routine appointment you may be asked to be put on a waiting list.
- If you are experiencing problems you will be asked for more details and then booked for a telephone consultation with the optometrist who will prioritise your needs.
What can I expect when I ring for a contact lens appointment?
- If you are due a routine appointment but don’t need any new lenses and are not experiencing any problems we may ask to put you on a waiting list.
- If you are having problems with vision or comfort you will be booked a contact lens triage appointment with the optometrist who will prioritise your needs.
- If you are not having problems but need a new supply of lenses we will book you a telephone review with the optometrist as we may be able to supply your lenses without you coming in.
I’ve lost/broken my spectacles what can you do?
- If you are overdue a sight test we can book you an urgent appointment and supply new spectacles.
- If you have a current prescription we can order you a new pair of spectacles.
I’ve run out of dry eye drops/macula supplements, can I still purchase these?
- Yes, we have been supplying these throughout ‘lockdown’. Please phone and we can have them ready for you to collect at an arranged time.
I’ve been self-isolating/shielding and am nervous about coming in?
- Please let us know when you ring. We may be able to help you over the phone and if you need an appointment we can arrange a quiet time for you to come in.