Article by Michelle
What can I expect when I attend for my appointment?
We have introduced new protocols to keep patients and staff safe.
- All staff in close contact with patients will be wearing PPE.
- All equipment and frames handled will be sanitised between patients.
- Extra time has been allocated between appointments to allow thorough disinfection and ventilation of consulting rooms.
- Furniture has been moved or removed to enable social distancing.
- We are asking patients to sanitise their hands on arrival and wear a suitable face covering.
What can I expect when I ring for a sight test appointment?
- Initially we are booking appointments for patients who have contacted us with problems.
- If you are booking a routine appointment you may be asked to be put on a waiting list.
What can I expect when I ring for a contact lens appointment?
- If you are due a routine appointment but don’t need any new lenses and are not experiencing any problems we may ask to put you on a waiting list.
- If you are having problems with vision or comfort you will be booked a contact lens triage appointment with the optometrist who will prioritise your needs.
- If you are not having problems but need a new supply of lenses we will book you a telephone review with the optometrist as we may be able to supply your lenses without you coming in.
I’ve lost/broken my spectacles what can you do?
- If you are overdue a sight test we can book you an urgent appointment and supply new spectacles.
- If you have a current prescription we can order you a new pair of spectacles.
I’ve run out of dry eye drops/macula supplements, can I still purchase these?
- Yes, we have been supplying these throughout ‘lockdown’. Please phone and we can have them ready for you to collect at an arranged time.
I’ve been self-isolating/shielding and am nervous about coming in?
- Please let us know when you ring. We may be able to help you over the phone and if you need an appointment we can arrange a quiet time for you to come in.